If you’ve scrolled social media recently there’s a good chance you’ve seen people talking about the benefits of CBD oil. But what about CBD gummies? Can you get the same benefits in a tasty piece of candy?
In this Joy Organics CBD Gummies review I’m going to go answer all of your CBD-gummie questions so you can make a more informed decision.
Like most things in life, the more you understand the better equipped you are to make good choices. For that reason, I’m going to wade through all the important information so you can make an informed decision as to whether or not Joy Organics CBD Gummies are the best option for you.
Joy Organics CBD Gummies Review Overview:
- CBD: 10 milligrams per gummy.
- THC: There’s no THC in this product.
- Kid-friendly? Yes (but always confer with a doctor first.)
- Flavor Variety? Yes, there are two flavors.
- How many? 30 gummies per jar.
Quality of Joy Organics CBD Gummies
Joy Organics CBD Gummies are made from a broad-spectrum hemp extract, which is 100 percent free of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) (1), which means that it’s non-psychoactive (2). They use only non-GMO, natural products, and are one of the tastiest vegan and gluten-free, organic CBD gummy products available.
All Joy Organics products are sent to an independent, third-party lab for testing; this means you aren’t just getting the company’s approval of their own products — external, impartial testers will give it the thumbs-up or thumbs-down.
When you purchase Joy Organics CBD Gummies, each tub comes with a specific batch number; this can be linked to the lab test results on their website. Here you will be able to see everything, from the overall potency of the product to the tested microbials.
Joy Organic CBD Gummies contain 11 ingredients, which are as follows:
- Natural Tapioca Syrup.
- Natural Organic Cane Sugar.
- Phytocannabinoid-Rich Hemp Extract.
- Citric Acid.
- Malic Acid.
- Vegetable & Fruit Juice for color in Strawberry Lemonade flavor.
- Green Apple Spirulina Extract (color) is used.
- Natural Flavors.
- Sunflower Oil.
- Sodium Citrate.
- Carnauba Wax.
They come in two flavors:
- Strawberry Lemonade.
- Green Apple.
A Brief Company History
Joy Organics is named after its founder, Joy Smith. Joy, a mom and grandmother, began to struggle with health issues that she found no relief for through conventional medication.
She decided to try a natural supplement that would help and not do any more harm, which is when she discovered CBD products (through the coaxing of her son.) After purchasing and being disappointed with many products, Joy took the step into creating her own products.
She didn’t do it alone, though. There’s some serious medical knowledge behind Joy Organics — Joy’s husband Todd had been in the field of metabolic health for almost three decades.
Why Choose CBD Gummies Over Oil or Tinctures?
CBD comes in various forms. You can pick from options such as gummies, oils or tinctures (oil has a cannabidiol base, while tinctures have an alcohol base). Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference. CBD oils and tinctures require you to place a few drops under your tongue, which doesn’t always taste great.
Gummies are popular because they’re like eating a piece of candy. Aside from tasting great, gummies are convenient and discreet. You won’t have to worry about fiddling with the dropper while you’re in public, and nobody will look at you twice if you pop a gummy while you’re in a crowd.
If you’re going to be using CBD on a regular or daily basis, gummies are a great way to make sure you’re keeping your intake consistent.
When you take CBD gummies, they’re metabolized through your liver; this means that there’s longer-lasting relief, and they will also have minimal side effects.
What Makes Joy Organics CBD Gummies Different?
The Joy Organics’ website is impressive – it’s clear that they’re a well-made, high-quality brand committed to health.
But what makes them different from just any other CBD company out there? Here are some reasons I like Joy Organics:
Joy Organics products are pharmaceutical-grade, which means they’re organic and contain no GMOs (genetically-modified organisms.) Their products are made in a facility certified by the FDA, so we know their manufacturing processes are sound.
They also make sure to use CBD ingredients that have been properly extracted, which can make or break the quality of a product (3).
Their gummies have a shelf life of 18 months, so you can use them as needed over a lengthy period.
Vegan-Friendly & Gluten-Free
Joy Organic CBD Gummies are vegan and gluten-free. Unlike many similar products, there’s no gelatin in these chewy candies, nor will you find corn syrup or refined sugar.
They’re also great for newbies who are nervous about THC and its effects, as the products contain no THC at all. Those who have used CBD products before and have a sensitivity to THC will also appreciate the lack of that particular ingredient.
The company does its own in-house testing and shares an in-depth lab report for every single batch they create. The report includes information such as cannabinoid content and possible contaminants.
They don’t stop there, though; their products are subjected to thorough third-party testing by independent, impartial testers, who make sure the company meets strict quality control measures.
Joy Organics gummies are made from hemp that’s grown in the USA and cultivated to be rich in cannabinoids.
Range of Benefits
These gummies are broad-spectrum products (containing no THC), but they offer full-spectrum benefits. The gummies are a unique but effective way of managing symptoms of various conditions, and they’re not so potent as to make you feel woozy or groggy.
If you aren’t happy with your purchase from Joy Organics, they offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Another reason Joy Organics gets the thumbs-up is that they ship for free throughout the US.
Full Benefits With No THC
Joy Organics CBD gummies contain a broad-spectrum CBD, which means you get the full therapeutic benefits of cannabis, minus the high (which is what THC provides.)
These gummies are water-soluble, which means that they’re absorbed quickly. They will start to work within 20 to 30 minutes of taking them, and the effects will last for several hours.
Who Are Joy Organics CBD Gummies For?
Joy Organics CBD gummies are suitable for most people, but they’re especially great for:
- Those who want a quality CBD product without the high.
- People who may be self-conscious about using CBD in public.
- Individuals looking for a non-addictive pain relief solution.
- Those who suffer from stress or anxiety.
- Insomniacs and sufferers of other sleep conditions.
- People who need an extra dash of mental clarity and focus during their day.
What Can CBD Gummies Help With?
Our lifestyles have become extremely busy in today’s world. Joy Organics CBD Gummies can provide relief for a number of chronic conditions, such as:
CBD can help to alleviate chronic pain (4) associated with various conditions, such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, and shingles.
Our brains are constantly being bombarded by information, which triggers the “fight or flight” response; this raises the level of cortisol and can leave you feeling overwhelmed and constantly fatigued (5). Using CBD gummies can help you feel calmer, think more rationally, make better decisions, and deal with stress in a way that’s helpful.
The fact that they help with sleep (6) will also make a difference in the amount of stress that you’re under. Better sleep equals less stress.
Inflammation doesn’t only happen as a response to injury. It can also occur as a response to stress, environmental factors, or even pollution.
It’s a sign of the body’s immune system fighting against something that’s causing harm. CBD reduces inflammation (7), but it’s important to try and remove the thing that’s causing the body to become inflamed.
There’s a lot of anecdotal evidence to suggest that CBD can help alleviate anxiety. There’s also growing scientific evidence (8) to back up these claims. Of course, changing medications should only ever be done in consultation with your healthcare professional but it’s worth at least mentioning CBD gummies to your provider.
Other Advantages of CBD Gummies
Joy Organics CBD Gummies can have other positive effects, such as:
If you have been battling to get a decent night’s rest or suffer from bouts of insomnia, then Joy Organics CBD Gummies could help you. CBD has some slight sedative properties as well as muscle relaxant properties, which should help you to drift off more easily and stay asleep.
Because of the ingredient content and lack of THC, you shouldn’t feel any grogginess, or as if you have a hang-over when you wake up in the morning. Over-the-counter sleeping tablets can have undesirable side effects, leaving you feeling groggy upon waking, which sets a bad tone for the day ahead.
Mental Focus and Clarity
CBD gummies will help you maintain your focus throughout the day. It’s important to remember that there’s no THC in these products so that you won’t get that “high” factor — you’ll just get the other benefits that will help your brain to calm down and focus better.
CBD also has mild antidepressant properties, along with improving other physical symptoms, such as pain. Physical symptoms are known to have a negative effect on mood, so the combined effect of reducing depressive feelings and improving physical strength and health have an uplifting effect on mood.
There’s also evidence that CBD assists in the growth of neurons in the brain tissue, which helps to regulate mood and balance mood disorders.
It’s important to note that while CBD gummies may have a positive effect on the symptoms of depression, they’re not of a high enough dosage to be considered a viable treatment for depression on their own.
They could be considered an additional therapy, but you should always consult with your doctor before starting on these gummies. They would be able to give the best advice on pairing the gummies with any existing medication.
Reduces Free Radicals in the Body
Free radicals are dangerous atoms that can lead to a wide variety of diseases. CBD reduces them due to the presence of antioxidants, which destroy harmful cells like these.
Lack of “Chemical Medication” Side Effects
Over-the-counter medications, while highly effective at treating particular conditions, often come with side effects that have the potential to create secondary health issues.
CBD, when manufactured and used correctly, has few side effects. To get the best out of your CBD, make sure:
- You buy from a reputable brand.
- To stick to the recommended dosage.
- To check with your doctor if you’re on any other medication.
- If you don’t feel the effects immediately, don’t take more than the dosage – although it should take 20 – 30 minutes to kick in, everyone’s body metabolizes differently.
Joy Organics CBD Gummies Review Conclusion
Joy Organics CBD Gummies are well worth a try. Not only are they THC-free (which makes them suitable for those who don’t want the high or first-timers who are nervous), but they also come in two surprisingly tasty flavors.
They go through a series of third-party tests to ensure their quality, as well as in-house quality control testing, so they’re double-checked.
Whether you have mild anxiety or chronic pain, Joy Organics CBD Gummies could be the key to managing your symptoms in a delicious way.
1. Tetrahydrocannabinol. (nd.) Retrieved from https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/neuroscience/tetrahydrocannabinol
2. Springer. March 23, 2018. Non-psychoactive cannabis ingredient could help addicts stay clean. Retrieved from https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/03/180323104821.htm
3. Daniel Ribeiro Grijó, Ignacio Alberto Vieitez Osorio, Lúcio Cardozo-Filho. Journal of CO2 Utilization, Volume 28, December 2018. Retrieved from https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2212982018304220
4. Boyaji S, Merkow J, Elman RNM, Kaye AD, Yong RJ, Urman RD. The Role of Cannabidiol (CBD) in Chronic Pain Management: An Assessment of Current Evidence. Curr Pain Headache Rep. 2020 Jan 24. Retrieved from https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31980957/
5. Shannon, S., Lewis, N., Lee, H., & Hughes, S. (2019). Cannabidiol in Anxiety and Sleep: A Large Case Series. The Permanente journal, 23, 18–041. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6326553/
6. Shannon, S., Lewis, N., Lee, H., & Hughes, S. (2019). Cannabidiol in Anxiety and Sleep: A Large Case Series. The Permanente journal, 23, 18–041. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6326553/
7. Nagarkatti, P., Pandey, R., Rieder, S. A., Hegde, V. L., & Nagarkatti, M. (2009). Cannabinoids as novel anti-inflammatory drugs. Future medicinal chemistry, 1(7), 1333–1349. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2828614/
8. Linares IM, Zuardi AW, Pereira LC, Queiroz RH, Mechoulam R, Guimarães FS, et al. Cannabidiol presents an inverted U-shaped dose-response curve in a simulated public speaking test. Braz J Psychiatry. Retrieved from https://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S1516-44462019000100009&tlng=en